I love the AWS Secrets Manager, but have found the awscli tools for it to be a bit bulky. Most of the time all I want to do is download a file, edit it, and upload it again- and even then I normally just want to quickly change a single value inside of my “secret”.
The secretcli project makes all of that trivial, allowing all of these actions to be done with a single command-
- Download an existing Secret to a file,
- Upload a file to replace an existing Secret,
- Create new Secrets that are ready to work as JSON data stores,
- Retrieve a single value from a Secret,
- Add, edit, or remove a single value from a Secret.
Like all of my projects you can find this one on Github, and contributions are always welcome.